Every safety system is different. Come talk to us in the shop, 175s Le Conte, about your project and your concerns. We'll help you get your research done in as risk free a way as is practicable.
Your safety, and that of your colleagues is paramount!
Next comes the safety of equipment, and the institution.
- Experiments that require high voltage, and high current. (above 50V is considered "Class II, so the bar is pretty low)
- Experiments requiring lasers (possible eye damage for power levels above a few mW)
- Experiments with X-rays
- Experiments requiring ionizing radiation. (anything hotter than a lantern mantle probably requires EH&S scrutiny)
- Experiments using cryogenics. (storage, handling, and oxygen depletion risks)
- Experiments requiring caustic, acidic or carcinogenic materials or chemicals (EH&S)
Do you need an interlock for a chassis, for a sample box, or for a whole room? Ask us for input. Early attention to this may reduce your project cost!
We can also help you contact the right expert, if we don't have all the answers...
- Sources and references
- State machines
- Interfaces to computing devices
- Mixed logic and/or analog
- Integrated processing (e.g. a custom controller you can run linux on)
- Printed Circuit Board Design and Manufacture
- PCB loading
- Chassis building
- Semi-Custom and Custom packaging
- In office consultation
- In the lab consultation (house-calls)
- We repair custom apparatus for which there is documentation, as long as it is safe to do so.
- We triage faulty commercial test equipment. We'll help you locate a repair facility or identify a replacement.
Updated February 20, 2008 gtp