Nominate an Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor (OGSI)
Nominating Physics Outstanding Graduate Student Instructors (OGSIs)
We are currently accepting nominations for 2014-2015 Physics Outstanding Graduate Student Instructors (OGSIs). Deadline to submit 2014-2015 Physics GSI Nominations is 5PM, Wednesday, March 4, 2015.
All Spring 2014, and Fall 2014 Physics GSIs are eligible, except previous OGSI winners. Click “ previous OGSI winners" for an accumulative OGSI list online or consult the list posted on the bulletin board outside 372 LeConte
Criteria for the Award are:
- overall effectiveness as an instructor
- capacity to motivate and inspire students
- skills in presenting course material
- skills in organizing and developing course material
- command of the subject area
- instructor evaluations
The GSI Teaching and Resource Center will host a reception to honor OGSI winners from all departments in early May 2015. Besides a certificate of commendation from Graduate Division, each OGSI receives a monetary award, plus a membership in the American Association of Physics Teachers.
You can make a nomination in the following ways:
Paper Nomination Form
OGSI nomination forms are available in 370 LeConte , OR
Download a pdf version of the OGSI Nomination Form.
OR email your nomination to email@example.com with Subject: 14-15 OGSI NOMINATION – GSI’s LASTNAME
Please include the following information in message:
- GSI's Name
- Semester and course for which you had the nominated GSI
- Please state your reasons for the nomination. Comments and examples regarding your nominee’s effectiveness as an instructor, capacity to motivate and inspire students, skills in presenting course material or in organizing and developing course material would be helpful.
- Your name and status (e.g. undergraduate or graduate student, fellow GSI, faculty, staff, other)