George Trilling (E)
Professor of Physics, UC Berkeley, since 1960, Emeritus since 1994.Received his B.S. (1951) and Ph.D. (1955) from Caltech. After a postdoctoral year at Caltech, and a Fulbright Fellowship in France, he joined the University of Michigan physics faculty in 1957. In 1960, he moved to the University of California, Berkeley, Physics Department and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). He served as department chair (1968-1972) and Director of the LBNL Physics Division (1984-1987). He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society (served as president in 2001), and a member of the National Academy of Sciences and American Academy of Arts and Sciences.