Tutoring in physics is available. The following are a few resources:
Peer-Led Physics Group Study Sessions
Study group sessions staffed by qualified undergraduate students for many upper division physics courses. See list for dates, times and locations.
Residence Hall Tutoring
Undergraduate Dorms for students living in the residence halls, Housing and Dining Services provides free drop in tutoring for residents.
Private Physics Tutoring
Explore our list of private tutors:
Student Learning Center
The Student Learning Center offers drop in hours for physics tutoring. They provide special study sections for physics 8A and Physics 8B ("Introductory Physics") students. The Student Learning Center is located in lower Sproul Plaza:
University of California at Berkeley
Academic Partnership for Excellence (APEX)
198 Cesar Chavez Student Center #4220
Berkeley, CA 94720
- It's never too early to start pre-major advising - stop by the Undergraduate Student Services Office - 368 LeConte -as soon as possible.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in the physics prerequisites and a minimum of 2.0 in overall UC GPA is required to declare the physics major.
- All major and minor program courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- At least 30 upper division units are required for the physics major.
- At least 17 upper division units are required for the physics minor.
- Request a degree audit from L&S before your last semester.
- Academic Assistance and resources are available - ask about them!