Business Services

Business & Financial Services

Receiving Wire Transfers

I expect a wire transfer to my account, who do I contact?

The current procedure in place makes it difficult for the finance team to claim funding in a timely manner, as well as to allocate the funds to the appropriate place. This is because we have no back-up information to provide the Controller when they reach out to us. In order to remedy this, and to provide you all with better, faster service, please follow these simple steps as soon as you learn of an inbound transfer:
Please write an email to and provide the following information:
   a) Vendor information: who is sending the wire?
   b) Amount: how much are you expecting to receive?
   c) Chartstring: where should the funding be allocated to?

Software Licenses

For questions related to software licenses (i.e. Mathematica, Matlab) please send an email to

Room and Lab Space Rental

The Physics department has a selection of rooms and lab space available to rent, in accordance with the fee table listed below. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of 20% of the total reservation, up to a maximum of one full week of rent, is due at the time of booking. For more information, please contact Amin Jazaeri, Director of Instructional Support. The following rates are for UCB departments only. Contact for non-UCB rates.

Room #CapacityFull Day (4+ hr)Half Day (4 Hr)
111 39 $165 $95
245 37 $155 $90
215 40 $170 $100
221 30 $130 $75
225 24 $105 $65
251 78 $220


To reserve a room please download, fill out and sign the Facilities Rental Agreement and email to

Departmental IT Service Providers

For any IT related issues, please contact Campus Shared Services, IT (CSS-IT)


Please contact with questions related to faculty and staff household and lab moves.

Machine Shop

The Physics Department Machine Shop accepts job requests from campus and off-campus customers on a recharge basis. Please visit the Machine Shop page for rates and more information, and to access the Machine Shop Job Request Form. For Machine Shop billing related questions please send an email to:

For more information on campus policies concerning recharge activities, please see the offerings listed by the Office of the Chief Financial Officer

Liquid Nitrogen

Dispensing: Please use this form to establish an account to purchase LN2 gas for your research lab in Birge/Le Conte/New Campbell Hall. Also, please follow this link to learn more about the procedures for LN2 usage. For LN2 billing related questions please send an email to: